San Francisco, 25 February 2019; The North America Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE) market size is expected to reach USD 2.86 billion by 2026, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is anticipated to register a CAGR of 7.9% over the forecast period. The industry is anticipated to witness growth owing to the stringent regulations and guidelines for employee safety, by various regulatory bodies such as Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Increasing incidence of occupational illness and deaths in industries coupled with rapid outbreak of diseases urge various health regulatory bodies to adopt necessary measures for preventing further occurrences. The penetration of RPE for protecting employees against vapors, inhaling hazardous gases, chemical agents, particulates, radiological particles, and biological contaminants is projected to drive the product demand.
Growing importance of raw materials offering features, such as lightweight, comfort, higher heat resistance, and low breathing resistance has been a significant incentive for companies to conduct extensive R&D. These initiatives are primarily aimed at achieving the multi-functionality of protective clothing by adding innovative add-ons to the existing equipment.
Technological advancements and growing concerns about employee health and safety are anticipated to provide lucrative opportunities to market participants over the next few years. Product innovation for enhancing the shelf-life of respiratory protective equipment is further estimated to positively drive the North America Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE) market over the projected period.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Air-purified Respirators (APR) accounted for 61.4% of market share in terms of revenue in 2017 owing to growing demand for powered, unpowered, and escape respirators in U.S. and Canada
- In Mexico, demand for escape respirators is expected to be USD 12.2 million by 2026 as these masks are increasingly being used for protection against Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) warfare agents
- In Canada, demand for airline respirators is expected to witness significant CAGR of 7.1% during the forecast period as they provide respiratory protection for longer durations which aids its application in industrial applications
- APR in the fire services industry in Mexico is expected to expand at a CAGR of 8.7% over the forecast period as APRs offer protection to the firefighters from different toxic and carcinogenic compounds
- Major companies involved in the North America Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE) market include 3M, DuPont, Avon Rubber plc, Alpha Pro-Tech, Ansell, Bullard, VF Imagewear (Bulwark), Delta Plus, ILC Dover, and Kimberley Clark Corporation
Study Updates, Segment Specific & Country Level Reports, Free Sample Copy of This Report:-