U.S. Protein Supplements Market Growth & Trends
The U.S. protein supplements market size is expected to reach USD 9.80 billion by 2025 expanding at CAGR of 6.2%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising demand for protein supplements and sports nutrition products across the region, especially among millennials, is projected to boost industry growth. Animal-based products dominated the market in the past. However, plant-based proteins are likely to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period on account of high demand in the region.
Shifting preference for plant-based proteins due to rising health concerns associated with animal-based sources, such as Cardiovascular Diseases (CVDs), certain types of cancer, kidney failure, accelerated aging, autism, and premature puberty, is projected to propel the segment development. Rising prevalence of animal diseases including Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus (PEDv) and Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) in pork and bovine species, respectively, is affecting the animal-based product segment. This, in turn, will fuel plant protein supplements demand as an alternative.
Majority of the U.S.-based manufacturers are selling their products through different distribution channels including, direct selling contracts, e-commerce portals and supermarkets. Protein supplements are usually available in the form of protein bars, powder, capsules, etc. Rising awareness about different packaging solutions with consumer benefits like on-the-go convenience and portability has forced manufacturers to develop convenience packaged supplements in the form of RTD, which may result in increased product prices.
Request a free sample copy or view report summary:
U.S. Protein Supplements Market Report
U.S. Protein Supplements Market Report Highlights
- The U.S. protein supplements market is likely to witness strong growth on account of hectic lifestyle and resultant health issues
- Animal-based protein supplement is likely to be the largest market reaching at USD 7.37 billion by 2025
- However, plant-based proteins will be the fastest-growing segment over the forecast period
- Whey protein supplement led the market in 2016, while pea protein supplement is said to register the fastest CAGR over the estimated time period
- The industry is characterized by accreditation of the product, capacity expansion, capital expansion, and substantial investment decisions to improve the market share of manufacturers
- Some of the prominent companies present in the industry are Glanbia, PLC; Nature’s Bounty Co.; Iovate Health Sciences International, Inc. NOW Foods; and Nutrabolt.
Leave a Reply