Atmospheric Water Generator Market Growth & Trends
The global atmospheric water generator market size is expected to reach USD 8.9 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 19.5%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing consumer demand for atmospheric water generator (AWG) in industrial and commercial applications is expected to drive the market.
Moreover, depleting freshwater reserves, particularly in Asia Pacific and Latin America region is anticipated to further propel market growth. Furthermore, various characteristics offered by AWGs such as high purity water output, and easy transport are expected to drive their demand in military applications over the forecast period.
Growing demand for AWGs to replace traditional supply units such as water pipelines, especially at industrial and commercial workplaces, is likely to open new avenues for the industry over the forecast period. However, high capital cost and energy consumption associated with the product are expected to hinder market growth.
The water output offered by AWGs primarily depends on the humidity and temperature of the surrounding environment, which affects the performance efficiency of the system. Product innovations to reduce the cost and improve its efficiency are expected to propel the AWG market over the forecast period.
Request a free sample copy or view report summary:
Atmospheric Water Generator Market Report
Atmospheric Water Generator Market Report Highlights
- Cooling condensation accounted for 98.9% revenue share in 2019 on account of its high output coupled with less complex mechanism when compared to wet desiccation technique
- The residential application segment, in terms of revenue, is expected to witness a CAGR of 16.7% from 2020 to 2027 owing to rising disposable incomes coupled with product innovations is expected to drive the demand for AWGs in the segment
- The product demand in Latin America, in terms of volume, is likely to witness a CAGR of 17.7% owing to depleting freshwater resources coupled with uneven geographical distribution of freshwater resources, and inadequate water supply infrastructure
- The product demand in India is anticipated to reach USD 302.9 million by 2027 owing to the rapid industrial growth coupled with increasing construction and manufacturing activities in the country
- In January 2020, Energy and Water Development Corp., (EAWD) sold its self-sufficient energy supply AWG system to a Mexican company engaged in manufacturing bottled water.