Plastics In Personal Protective Equipment Market Growth & Trends
The global plastics in personal protective equipment market size is expected to reach USD 34.8 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 17.0% over the forecast period. Increasing demand from applications, such as construction and healthcare, and rising safety concerns are expected to drive the product demand.
The demand for plastics in PPE is expected to increase majorly in the respiratory protection and hand protection applications owing to the high in demand for masks, gloves, face shields, etc. across various industries, such as building & construction, chemical manufacturing industries, and laboratories, due to COVID-19 pandemic. Asia Pacific is expected to lead the global market due to the strong presence of prominent product manufacturers in the region.
The global market is segmented based on plastic categories, which include acrylic, acrylonitrile butadiene styrene, polyamide, polycarbonate, polyester, polyethylene, polyethylene terephthalate, polyphenylsulfone, polypropylene, and others. Polyethylene was the prominent product segment and accounted for over 25% of the global revenue in the year 2019. The polyester product segment is expected to witness significant growth due to the high demand for protective vests, gloves, and body covers.
Request a free sample copy or view report summary:
Plastics In Personal Protective Equipment Market Report
Plastics In Personal Protective Equipment Market Report Highlights
- The global market was valued at USD 3.8 billion in 2019 and is estimated to expand at a CAGR of 17.0% from 2020 to 2027
- Respiratory protection is expected to be the fastest-growing application segment at a CAGR of 17.4% over the forecast period
- This growth is attributed to the rising demand for different types of masks, such as surgical, N95, N93, and specialized gas masks
- Hand protection segment is estimated to account for the largest revenue share by 2027 due to rising demand for these products
- APAC was the largest regional market in 2019 and is estimated to retain its leading position throughout the forecast period due to the rapidly growing healthcare sector in countries, such as India and China