Secondary Water & Wastewater Treatment Equipment Market Growth & Trends
The global secondary water and wastewater treatment equipment market size is expected to reach USD 30.05 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 3.9%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising demand for wastewater treatment plants owing to stringent regulations is expected to drive the market growth over the forecast period.
Growing concerns over environmental degradation and water pollution coupled with stringent regulations pertaining to wastewater discharges are likely to benefit market growth. In addition, increasing efforts to improve the wastewater treatment coverage, especially in the developing countries is anticipated to further propel the market expansion.
A growing requirement for upgrading the existing aging infrastructure, most notably in the developed economies, is expected to open new avenues for the market growth over the forecast period. Furthermore, the emergence of new pollutants is likely to drive the demand for more advanced and efficient treatment solutions, thereby benefitting the overall market growth.
Rising water scarcity, coupled with growing focus conserving and extending the availability of existing water supplies, is expected to drive the demand for wastewater reuse as a viable option for integrated water management. This, in turn, is anticipated to have a positive impact on the overall demand for secondary water and wastewater treatment equipment in the forthcoming years.
Request a free sample copy or view report summary:
Secondary Water & Wastewater Treatment Equipment Market Report
Secondary Water & Wastewater Treatment Equipment Market Report Highlights
- The sludge treatment technology segment accounted for 35.4% revenue share in 2019, on account of increasing demand for efficient, and better management and disposal of sludge generated from wastewater treatment plants
- The equipment demand in the municipal application segment is anticipated to witness expand at a CAGR of 3.6% from 2020 to 2027 owing to the growing population, rapid urbanization, and improving municipal wastewater treatment infrastructure in developing countries
- The equipment demand in Europe accounted for a revenue share of 26.8% in 2019, on account of developed wastewater treatment infrastructure coupled with a growing focus on rehabilitation, and upgrading the existing wastewater treatment facilities
- The demand in China is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5.7% owing to increasing efforts towards combating the high levels of environmental pollution in the country
- In January 2020, Xylem, Inc. launched a multi-disciplinary center for water, wastewater, and energy technologies in Singapore that will focus on developing technologies in the field of water distribution, and water, and wastewater treatment