March 2021 | Report Format: Electronic (PDF)
Clip Applicator Market Growth & Trends
The global clip applicator market size is expected to reach USD 8.0 billion by 2026 according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is projected to register a CAGR of 7.0% during the forecast period. Rise in laparoscopic surgeries and high demand for minimally invasive procedures are projected to propel the growth.
The number of laparoscopic surgeries is increasing annually. As per the data published by June Medical, around 1.5 million laparoscopic surgeries are performed in U.K. every year. Growth in the number of laparoscopic surgeries is attributed to increasing acceptance and popularity among both doctors and patients. This factor is anticipated to augment the demand for clip applicator over the forecast period.
Rising prevalence of gastrointestinal diseases and cancers among other diseases that require endoscopy procedures, is one of the factors boosting the market growth. In addition, prevalence of chronic diseases among baby boomers, awareness regarding novel devices as well as rising preference for minimally invasive surgeries is anticipated to support the market growth. Recent endoscopy techniques have revolutionized the examination and treatment of upper gastrointestinal tract including duodenum, stomach, and esophagus, and the colon.
Growing number of gynecology surgeries is also driving the clip applicator market. As per a study by the Japan Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the number of endoscopic surgeries increased from 56, 233 surgeries in 2014 to 80, 678 in 2016 nationwide.
Request a free sample copy or view report summary:
Clip Applicator Market Report
Clip Applicator Market Report Highlights
- Endoscopic appliers segment registered the highest market share in 2018 owing to availability of single and multi-firing clip device required for proper closure of incisions in Peroral Endoscopic Myotomy (POEM)
- Laparoscopic appliers segment is anticipated to expand at the fastest CAGR over the forecast period owing to innovations in devices in terms of significant cost savings in laparoscopic procedure
- North America accounted for a significant clip applicator market share in 2018, attributed to the increase in geriatric population, number of surgeries, high adoption rate of technologically advanced devices, and high awareness regarding the benefits of minimally invasive surgeries
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the fastest CAGR over the forecast period supported by improving healthcare infrastructure and growing medical tourism due to affordability
- Some of the players operating in the market includes B. Braun Melsungen, LUMED, Unimax Medical Systems, Betatech, Geyi Medical, Mediflex, Medscope, CONMED Corporation, Medtronic, J&J Medical Devices, Millennium Surgical Corp, and Teleflex Incorporated