March 2021 | Report Format: Electronic (PDF)
The global infertility treatment devices and equipment market size is expected to reach USD 420.7 million by 2026, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is projected to expand at a CAGR of 9.3% during the forecast period. According to the United Nations (UN), the global fertility rate is expected to decline to 2.4 births per woman by 2030 and 2.2 births per woman by 2050. Currently, 46% of the global population lives in countries with low levels of fertility. Another 46% population lives in countries with intermediate fertility and the remaining 8% population lives in countries with high fertility.
Demand for Assisted Reproductive Technology (ARTs) is growing due to growth in infertility rate across the globe. The patients are offered several options for the infertility treatment depending on the causes. Technological advancements in developing regions offer promising growth for fertility clinics, hospitals, and device manufacturers to expand the market presence. Healthcare facilities specializing in ART treatments are required to obtain a license from the respective authorities present in the country.
Availability of various reimbursement schemes in developed regions is likely to drive growth of the market in the forthcoming years. For instance, the Singapore government offers around 75% co-funding for various assisted reproductive treatments. The Ontario government had announced a fertility program worth USD 50 million to cover the treatment of 5,000 people in 2016.
Key players operating in the infertility treatment devices and equipment market are adopting strategies such as acquisitions and partnerships to strengthen their presence in other regional markets. For instance, Vitrolife entered into an agreement to acquire OCTAX Microscience GmbH in 2016. The company strengthened its position in the IVF market by the expansion of its product portfolio through this acquisition.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Sperm separation devices led the type segment in terms of revenue share in 2018. These devices are used in assisted reproductive treatments such as IVF and artificial insemination to purify the semen samples
- Imaging systems is expected to be the fastest growing segment over the forecast period as time-lapse imaging systems prevent embryos from getting disturbed in the culture during their assessment, eliminating manual handling
- Fertility clinics led the end use segment in 2018, in terms of revenue share. These clinics offer couple counselling and plan treatments based on the causes and severity of their infertility
- Europe led the overall market in terms of revenue in 2018 owing to the constantly declining fertility rate in the region. Increasing number of couples opting for ARTs along with growing medical tourism in some European countries is further fueling the growth
- Some of the key players operating in the infertility treatment devices and equipment market are The Cooper Companies, Inc.; Hamilton Thorne, Inc.; Cook; Vitrolife; and DxNow, Inc. among others