April 2021 | Report Format: Electronic (PDF)
Cell Sorting Market Growth & Trends
The global cell sorting market size is expected to reach USD 899.4 million by 2026, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., exhibiting a CAGR of 10.5%. The market is expected to grow in the coming years owing to technological advancements in the field of cell sorting technologies and instruments. High speed sorters have the ability to differentiate between cell types effectively. This has improved research in genomics and proteomics as well as developing many emerging cell-based therapies. An advanced and emerging technology in this field is microfluidics.
A substantial expansion has been witnessed in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, which is fostering more drug discovery research, thereby, fueling growth. Mergers, acquisitions, and collaborations are some of the main strategies undertaken by these companies in order to overcome competition. A booming Indian pharmaceutical sector is anticipated to result in a positive impact on the growth of the global market. According to the India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF) 2019 statistics, currently, Indian pharmaceutical companies supply 80% of the antiretroviral drugs used for combating AIDS. In addition, growing number of research activities pertaining to new applications is another factor driving growth.
Request a free sample copy or view report summary:
Cell Sorting Market Report
Cell Sorting Market Report Highlights
- Cell sorters segment held the highest share in 2018 due to substantial technological advances in the machines
- Reagents and consumable held a significant share in 2018, owing to their repetitive use during sorting methods
- FACS accounted for maximum revenue in 2018, due to its accuracy and high throughput cellular analysis
- However, FACS-based instruments are costly, hence, researchers sometimes prefer magnetic-activated cell sorting machines over them
- In 2018, research applications dominated the global cell sorting market owing to increasing investments on R&D by government bodies as well as pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies segment is expected to show significant growth over the forecast period due to rise in academia-industry collaborations, which has further increased research
- North America held the largest revenue share in 2018 owing to developed pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries in the region
- Some of the key manufacturers include Becton, Dickinson and Company; Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.; Beckman Coulter, Inc.; Sony Biotechnology Inc.; Miltenyi Biotec GmbH; On-Chip Biotechnologies Co.