April 2021 | Report Format: Electronic (PDF)
Point Of Care Ultrasound Systems Market Growth & Trends
The global point of care ultrasound systems market is expected to reach USD 1.1 billion by 2026, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing number of emergency visits to hospitals with undifferentiated signs and symptoms is expected to increase the demand for point of care ultrasounds owing to its ability to quickly and effectively assess these critical conditions.
Point of care ultrasound devices are being used as a therapeutic device, diagnostic device as well as device guiding medical procedures in the field such as cardiology, musculoskeletal, vascular surgery and urology. Increasing popularity of ultrasound devices in point of care settings for several applications owing to its advantages such as low-cost, wide scope, and safety as competed to other imaging alternatives is expected to foster the market growth. Moreover, integration of advanced technologies to provide clearer images is expected to increase its adoption in several healthcare facilities.
Growing number of strategic initiatives such as introduction of innovative technology with integrated features by the major market players to maintain the market share is propelling the growth of the market. Moreover, establishment of echocardiology society and evolving government and non-government program supporting the training, education and research on point of care ultrasound system, is anticipated to boost the market growth during the forecast period.
Request a free sample copy or view report summary:
Point Of Care Ultrasound Systems Market Report
Point Of Care Ultrasound Systems Market Report Highlights
- The trolley-based devices held the largest market share in 2018. Handheld device is expected to grow at the fastest rate over the forecast period
- Based on application, emergency medicine segment held the largest market share and is expected to grow at a lucrative CAGR over the forecast period
- Hospital segment accounted for the largest market share in 2018. Growing need for bedside ultrasound monitoring in hospitals is expected to drive the growth of this segment.
- North America is dominating the market in 2018. The dominance of region is because of the factors such as presence of major market players and suppliers of this market developing advance technology coupled with reimbursements policies
- Major players in the industry are focusing on launch of advance technology by focusing on parameters such as ultrasound integration with mobile devices, tele-ultrasound, building efficient AI software’s for improved diagnosis.