Non-GMO Food Market Growth & Trends
The global non-GMO food market size is expected to reach USD 2.76 billion by 2025 registering a CAGR of 16.5%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rise in the number of health conscious consumers and increasing awareness about the negative implications caused by the consumption of genetically-modified food products are expected to be major factors driving the demand for non-GMO food products. Cereals & grains was the dominant segment and accounted for over 34.0% of the global market share in 2018. Some of the leading companies, such as Amy’s Kitchen, Cargill, Inc., Hormel Food Corporation, and YMT Organic Farm, offer a wide range of non-GMO foods.
Other prominent market participants include Hain Celestial, Chiquita Brands International, and United Natural Foods. Developments in meat and poultry industry are expected to augment the industry growth over the forecast period. The market is expected to highlight a decent growth because of surge in demand for easy-to-eat foods, leading to a rapid growth in the manufacturing sector, especially in Asia Pacific owing to initiatives like “Made in China” and “Make in India”. Hypermarkets and supermarkets segment is expected to be at a leading position; while, the food specialty stores segment is projected to witness the fastest CAGR of 14.7% during the forecast period.
Request a free sample copy or view report summary:
Non-GMO Food Market Report
Non-GMO Food Market Report Highlights
- Cereals & grains product segment is projected to lead the global non-GMO food market reaching at USD 945.4 million by 2025
- However, the meat & poultry segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR of 17.5% over the forecast years
- The hypermarkets & supermarkets distribution channel segment dominated the global market in 2018 and will maintain its position throughout the estimated period
- Non-GMO labelling programs is expected to increase in Europe as the European Union imports millions of tons of genetically modified soy for animal feed, and European Union law doesn’t entail labeling of, eggs dairy and meat derived from genetically modified feed
- The cereals & grains segment is expected to be account for the largest market share in future owing to high demand for cereals, most notably in countries including U.S., Canada, Germany, and Japan
- Some of the key companies in the industry are Hain Celestial, Amy’s Kitchen, Organic Valley, United Natural Foods, Albert’s Organics Chiquita Brands, Shanghai Food, YMT Organic Farm, and Hormel Foods Corporation
- The market is extremely competitive and key companies focus on M&A and strategic alliances to expand their global reach