Advanced Bipolar Direct Energy Devices Market Growth & Trends
The global advanced bipolar direct energy devices market size is anticipated to reach USD 3.3 billion by 2026 registering a CAGR of 14.2%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing adoption of bipolar electrosurgical systems over conventional devices and high demand for laparoscopic surgeries are anticipated to boost the market growth.
These systems are mostly used to coagulate, cutting, fulguration, and desiccate soft tissues through generating heat by an electric current. The product demand has been increasing owing to its benefits in surgical procedures, such as lower risk of hemorrhaging than conventional devices that focus on scalpels. In addition, conventional equipment are costlier, which is also driving the demand for advanced bipolar direct energy systems for improved safety in desiccating soft tissues.
Technological advancements in the field are further expected to augment the market growth. For instance, XCELLANCE Medical Technologies launched a new 6-sense technology designed for cutting tissues at lower voltages by sensing voltage and power. This technology minimizes the patient recovery time and is a versatile tool for hemostatic dissection in performing surgical procedure.
Request a free sample copy or view report summary:
Advanced Bipolar Direct Energy Devices Market Report
Advanced Bipolar Direct Energy Devices Market Report Highlights
- Electrosurgical generator systems led the global market in 2018. The segment is projected to expand further at the fastest CAGR from 2019 to 2026
- Hospital was the dominant end use segment in 2018 owing to increased number of laparoscopic surgical procedures for tissue coagulation performed in these healthcare settings
- North America led the global advanced bipolar direct energy devices market in 2018. However, Asia Pacific is estimated to be the fastest-growing regional market over the forecast period
- Some of the key companies in this market are Bovie Medical Corp., Medtronic PLC, B. Braun Melsungen AG, XCELLANCE Medical Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Olympus Corp., and Karl Storz
- These companies focus on technological advancements to gain competitive advantage. Medtronic launched Aquamantys bipolar sealers designed by transcollation technology, which combines Radiofrequency (RF) energy and saline to provide hemostatic sealing of soft tissues
Leave a Reply