Disposable Medical Gloves Market Growth & Trends
The global disposable medical gloves market size is anticipated to reach USD 6.7 billion by 2027 registering a CAGR of 8.8%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Disposable gloves are useful in the medical industry owing to their low cost and low risk of contamination, which, in turn, will drive their demand over the forecast period.
Growing demand for hand protection equipment in the medical & healthcare industries, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, is anticipated to propel the market growth over the forecast period. Increasing awareness pertaining to the advantages of medical gloves for preventing cross-contamination during medical examinations in healthcare facilities is projected to boost their demand.
Moreover, the extensive usage of these gloves for limiting the transmission of COVID-19 spread through surface contact is likely to drive the market growth. Thus, sudden surge in demand has led to the product shortage, owing to which several manufacturers are expected to increase their production capacities over the coming years, which will also support global market growth.
Request a free sample copy or view report summary:
Disposable Medical Gloves Market Report
Disposable Medical Gloves Market Report Highlights
- The market in North America is estimated to register a CAGR of 8.6% over the forecast period owing to the stringent regulations pertaining to the health & safety of healthcare workers
- Vinyl material segment accounted for the largest market share of 35% in 2019 owing to cost effectiveness of the material. Moreover, vinyl-based gloves is latex-free, due to which it does not cause skin allergies and reactions
- The surgical application segment is anticipated to register the fastest CAGR of 9.4% over the forecast period on account of rising instances of acute and chronic illnesses that often require surgical procedures
- Hospitals end-use segment is expected to register the fastest CAGR of 9.2% from 2020 to 2027 on account of increasing preference for hospital facilities for the treatment of several diseases
- The major players are expected to operate their manufacturing facilities at full capacities owing to the surge in demand due to the COVID-19 pandemic