Increasing R&D initiatives especially on identifying therapeutic agents is one of the major factors expected to positively impact market growth.
The global hemophilia market size is expected to reach USD 18.1 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is anticipated to register a CAGR of 5.5% over the forecast period. Increasing awareness of early diagnosis and treatment coupled with supportive government policies is anticipated to boost market share over the forecast period. For instance, the NHF (National Hemophilia Foundation) allows to find treatments for inheritable bleeding disorders and help prevent complications of these disorders through research, education, and advocacy. Their programs and initiatives are in association with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Moreover, the increasing prevalence of bleeding disorders and growing severity with the genetic evolution globally is anticipated to drive overall market growth. Agencies like the hemophilia Association of America generally offer continuous treatment for patients by introducing different co-pay initiatives. This is further expected to balance the expenditures for patients and assist them in providing access to new products. For instance, the “MyAccess Cost-Share Program” was started by CSL Behring for U.S. patients providing treatment cost up to USD 12,000.
Hemophilia Market Report Highlights
- Rising awareness campaigns and supportive initiatives plan by the government to commence early screening of neonates, which is expected to boost the requirement of diagnostic tools related to hemophilia.
- By type, type B is anticipated to be the fastest-growing segment over the forecast period due to the presence of strong pipeline products.
- By treatment, on-demand held the largest market share in 2019, and prophylaxis was estimated to be the fastest-growing segment over the forecast period.
- By therapy, replacement therapy in 2019 is anticipated to be the largest segment, and gene therapy is estimated to be the fastest-growing segment over the forecast period.
- By region, Asia-Pacific is anticipated to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period. Early diagnosis of the diseases in countries including Japan, India, Indonesia, and Malaysia and rising per capita use of therapies for factor VIII and IX deficiency is the vital impact rendering drivers.
- Some of the key players include Shire (Baxalta); CSL Behring; Pfizer, Inc.; Bayer AG; BioMarin, Spark Therapeutics, Inc.; Genzyme Corporation; Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.; Novo Nordisk A/S.; and Octapharma AG.
Hemophilia Market Segmentations
Grand View Research has segmented the global hemophilia market based on type, treatment, therapy, and region:
Hemophilia Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016–2027)
- Hemophilia A
- Hemophilia B
- Hemophilia C
Hemophilia Treatment Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016–2027)
Hemophilia Therapy Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016–2027)
- Replacement therapy
- ITI therapy
- Gene therapy