Infection Surveillance Solutions Market Growth & Trends
The global infection surveillance solutions market size is poised to reach USD 1.0 billion by 2026, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., progressing at a CAGR of 14.3% during the forecast period. Improving healthcare settings worldwide coupled with advancements in healthcare IT infrastructure is projected to play a pivotal role in the growth of the market. Rising prevalence of healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) has been one of the critical factors driving the market.
According to HAI Prevalence Survey conducted by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in 2014, around 722,000 cases of HAIs were detected in the U.S hospitals alone. Moreover, according to the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) in 2016, 18,924 HAIs cases were reported in 400 acute care hospitals. In addition, as per facts published by the European Commission (EC), around 25,000 people die in the European Union (EU) from antibiotic-resistant bacteria. The figure is expected to increase to 10 million deaths per year if the current infection trend continues by 2050.
Rising collaboration and government initiatives are also stimulating the growth of the market. For instance, in January 2018, the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and Pfizer, Inc. signed a partnership agreement to introduce anti-microbial resistance stewardship programs. The objective was to scale up the AMR surveillance network in India.
Request a free sample copy or view report summary:
Infection Surveillance Solutions Market Report
Infection Surveillance Solutions Market Report Highlights
- Surgical site infections emerged as the most promising segment during the forecast period owing to the increasing number of surgeries being performed worldwide
- On the basis of the product and services segment, the on-premise software segment commanded the largest share in the market owing to its increased usage
- North America dominated the market in 2017. Government programs and rising awareness about infection surveillance are facilitating the dominance of this region during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific is estimated to witness swift growth during the forecast period due to increasing establishment of hospital chains and huge patient population
- Few of the key market players are Wolters Kluwer N.V; Gojo Industries; Becton; Dickinson and Company; RL Solutions; Baxter International Inc.; Premier Inc.; and Truven Health Analytics (An IBM Company).
Infection Surveillance Solutions Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global infection surveillance solutions market based on infection type, product and services, end use, and region:
Infection Surveillance Solutions Product and Services Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014–2026)
Infection Surveillance Solutions Infection Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014–2026)
- Surgical Site Infections (SSI)
- Blood Stream Infections (BSI)
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
Infection Surveillance Solutions End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014–2026)
- Long Term Care Facilities
- Others (Clinics, and Ambulatory Surgical Centers)