The global massage equipment market size is expected to reach USD 12.4 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 8.6% over the forecast period. Growing importance of healthy lifestyle among all age groups at the global level as a result of extensive brand campaigns aimed at maintaining fit body is projected to expand the scope for massage equipment. Additionally, hectic workstyle due to excess of 8 to 9 hours of desk jobs among working class professionals has led to increase in the occurrence of constant pain in the neck, shoulder, knee, and hip joints. Light massage at a certain interval can help the common mass overcome these issues and lead a healthy life. Thus, the corporate organizations and multi-national firms started installing massage chairs, sofas, and other equipment to resolve the everyday issues and ensure quick relaxation.
Arthritis has evolved as one of the most common ailments across the world. Affected patients suffer from swelling, tenderness, stiffness, and joint pain, which typically worsens with age. As of 2019, it was observed that around 350 million people worldwide suffer from arthritis, where 40 million patients are located in U.S. More than a quarter million of these patients were kids and 60% of the total patients in U.S. were females. Massage through various techniques can provide a huge relief to incessant pain. Neuroscientists have noticed that massage helps in activating those parts of brain, which are triggered under the influence of opioid painkillers such as codeine.
Some of the key massage equipment market players are OSIM International Ltd.; JSB Healthcare; Panasonic; Prospera; Casada International; RoboTouch; and Prospera. Product innovation is expected to remain a key success factor for the market participants over the next few years. For instance, in September 2019, Acer launched Thronos Air Gaming Throne, which has massaging functionalities embedded in the seat and can rub the back, when required. The gaming chair massages the back only as the backrest includes two balls, which move up and down against the back, giving it a relaxing feeling. The product is available for USD 9000.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- By product, chairs and sofas held over 50.0% share in 2018 due to predominant use of such equipment in commercial spaces. Handheld massagers are expected to expand at the fastest CAGR of 9.6% from 2019 to 2025 as they provide convenience to the buyers
- The home application segment is expected to expand at the fastest CAGR of 9.4% from 2019 to 2025 due to shifting inclination towards a healthy lifestyle among millennials and increasing use of such type of equipment in home
- North America led the massage equipment market and accounted for a share of 40.4% in 2018 on account of high concentration of health enthusiasts in U.S. and Canada
- New launches in terms of inclusion of smart features is expected to remain a key strategy among the market participants.
Grand View Research has segmented the global massage equipment market on the basis of product, application, and region:
Massage Equipment Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015–2025)
- Chairs & Sofas
- Neck & Shoulder
Massage Equipment Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015–2025)
Massage Equipment Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015–2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)