Trauma Care Centers Market Growth & Trends
The global trauma care centers market size is expected to reach USD 26.5 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 4.9%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increase in prevalence of sports-related injuries, growing number of road accidents, emergence of cost-effective specialized critical care, and presence of favorable reimbursement policies by regional governments covering majority of the treatment costs are key factors driving the market. Increasing preference for specialized critical care offered within specialized critical care centers has been witnessed owing to the efficient and high quality patient care offered by standalone healthcare facilities. This is another major factor positively impacting market growth.
Also, increasing set-up of standalone healthcare facilities with high availability of intensive care units and specialized long-term patient care unlike in-hospital critical care centers is expected to increase the adoption of specialized critical care offered by these centers over generalized care provided by hospitals. As per the World Health Organization (WHO) in 2018, approximately 9.0% of the global annual deaths accounting for more than 5.0 million people worldwide are attributable to injuries resulting from falls, traffic/road accidents, burns, drowning, poisoning, wounds, blunt cut, and brain injuries.
Moreover, growing awareness initiatives such as fall prevention strategies by government organizations including WHO and regional governments has contributed majorly to the growth. For instance, Canada in 2018 implemented an effective prevention strategy that subsequently reduced the incidence of falls by 20.0% among children aged below 10 years, thereby expecting to create net savings of approximately USD 120.0 million every year.
Request a free sample copy or view report summary:
Trauma Care Centers Market Report
Trauma Care Centers Market Report Highlights
- In-house trauma facilities emerged as leading facility type segment in 2019 with a revenue share of 73.6% in the market
- The falls segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2019, whereas burns segment is projected to expand at fastest CAGR during the forecast period
- Outpatient emerged as the leading service type segment, however the inpatient service segment followed by the rehabilitation segment are expected to grow at substantial growth rate over forecast years
- North America accounted for the largest revenue share in 2019 due to increasing prevalence of traumatic injury related ED visits and in-hospital admissions in the region.
Trauma Care Centers Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global trauma care centers market on the basis of facility type, trauma type, service type, and region:
Trauma Care Centers Facility Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015–2027)
Trauma Care Centers Trauma Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015–2027)
- Traffic-Related Injuries
- Burn Injury
- Brain Injury
- Other Injuries
Trauma Care Centers Service Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015–2027)
List of Key Players in the Trauma Care Centers Market
- University of Alabama Hospital
- Banner University Medical Center Phoenix
- St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center
- Albany Medical Center
- Ascension St. John Hospital
- Baylor University Medical Center
- Bellevue Hospital Center
- Murnau Trauma Center
- China Medical University Hospital