Single-cell Analysis Market Growth & Trends
The global single-cell analysis market size is expected to reach USD 6.7 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 15.0% from 2021 to 2028. Expeditious technological advancements over the years have enabled a comprehensive analysis of transcriptome and genome in an individual cell.
Single-cell technology helps in assessing cellular heterogeneity and aids in the analysis of pathways and processes at the molecular level. This technology is evolving at a rapid pace with applications in oncology, immunology, and others. Moreover, the introduction of advanced devices that simplify transcriptomic and proteomics procedures is driving the market.
Advances in single-cell RNA sequencing (scRNAseq) allow researchers to thoroughly investigate unexplored rare cell types. The development of the microfluidics method has significantly broadened the implementation of single-cell genomic/transcriptomic analysis in the biomedical field. A substantial number of microfluidic devices have been modified for cell dissociation and tissue digestion.
The increasing number of research publications is representative of the increasing investment flow in R&D in this market. As the R&D activities are the base of innovation, these investments signify a healthy growth possibility for this market. Moreover, researchers are engaged in assessing spatial heterogeneity in gene expression profiles at a single cellular level; thus, are anticipated to boost the uptake of consumables and instruments for the analysis.
Request a free sample copy or view report summary:
Single-cell Analysis Market Report
Single-cell Analysis Market Report Highlights
- The consumables segment accounted for the largest revenue share due to the high adoption and demand of products offered under this segment
- Given the wide availability of different forms of reagents, this segment is responsible for constant revenue generation
- Owing to the high-end features and the technically advanced analytical options, automated instruments contributed to maximum revenue share
- The oncology segment is majorly benefited by the advancements in single-cell analysis methods
- To avoid risks associated with cancer therapy, single-cell analysis techniques are being heavily adopted for cancer genomics
- There is increasing demand for prenatal diagnosis and non-invasive techniques for the detection of single-gene disorders associated with the fetus
- This has increased the adoption of single-cell analysis for prenatal diagnosis
- Single-cell analysis is being widely employed by various end-users, ranging from academic research institutes to biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies
- Academic and research institutes held a significant share due to wide usage across various studies
- North America dominated the 2020 global market owing to the increasing R&D of robust therapies and disease diagnosis
- Asia-Pacific is projected to witness the fastest CAGR, with India and China at the forefront
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, QIAGEN NV, Illumina Inc., Merck Millipore, BGI, Fluidigm Corporation, and Bio-Rad Laboratories are some prominent entities in this space.
- Companies have focused on the development of new innovative products to gain a competitive advantage