Spirometer Market Growth & Trends
The global spirometer market size is expected to reach USD 1.7 billion in 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expanding at a CAGR of 9.7% from 2020 to 2027. The prevalence of chronic respiratory diseases is rising among adults as well as children across the globe. The guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of asthma in children and the Global Initiative on Asthma (GINA) guidelines recommend the usage of spirometry more frequently for asthma. GINA published a 2020 update for Global Strategy for Asthma Management and Prevention, which includes information about asthma after reviewing the scientific literature and contains citations from the scientific literature.
Technological advancements are leading to the development of innovative spirometers. Manufacturers are involved in the launch of technologically advanced products. For instance, in March 2018, a Swedish startup, NuvoAir, launched a handheld spirometer called Air Next. These palm-size spirometers are specially designed for home use and use Bluetooth wireless technology.
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, manufacturers are witnessing a boost in product demand from healthcare professionals as well as patients to monitor their lung functions at home. Technologically advanced respiratory health management companies have developed digital spirometers that enable patients to easily monitor their lung function. For instance, in April 2020, Aluna, a San Francisco-based company, launched its FDA-approved portable digital spirometer, helping patients monitor their lung health at home.
Request a free sample copy or view report summary:
Spirometer Market Report
Spirometer Market Report Highlights
- Table top spirometers dominated the type segment in terms of revenue share in the year 2019 as the device is widely used in the diagnosis of obstructive airway disorders
- Desktop spirometers are likely to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period as the computer-based spirometry supports in making enhanced clinical decisions based on integrated clinical information
- The flow measurement technology segment dominated the market in terms of revenue share in 2019 due to extensive use in pulmonary function testing. Peak flow measurement spirometers are expected to register the fastest growth over the forecast period
- Based on application, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) held the majority of the market share in 2019 pertaining to the high prevalence of mild to severe COPD. Whereas the asthma segment is expected to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period due to the increasing prevalence of the disease and high treatment cost
- In the end-use segment, hospitals and clinics held the largest market share in 2019 due to the extensive use of spirometry for diagnosis and monitoring of chronic respiratory disorders. However, the home healthcare segment is likely to experience an impressive growth rate in the coming years due to the adoption of telemedicine and the launch of new products
- North America dominated the market in terms of revenue share in 2019 due to the high prevalence of COPD in the U.S. On the other hand, in the Asia Pacific, the market is expected to showcase the fastest growth rate due to the improving primary care initiatives for early diagnosis and management of chronic lung diseases such as asthma and COPD